Viz Media is one of the imprints of American publisher Viz Media. Last Order and the reissue of Battle Angel Alita were published under this imprint, with some volumes published as the Action Edition.
Changes to Battle Angel AlitaEdit
The reissue of the Battle Angel Alita volumes was first published from December 2003 through April 2005, with multiple changes from the original issue. All nine volumes now:
- Feature a different title logo.
- Have covers matching those of the Japanese version, with wraparound versions where applicable.
- Read from right to left.
- Are priced at $9.95 each.
- Are now approximately 5" x 7", a size reduction from the prior size of approximately 5.5" x 8.2".
- Have an illustration on the title page from the original Business Jump publication of Gunnm.
- Include the omake tech notes which were originally published in the Japanese version that provide additional background information on the world of Battle Angel Alita as well as a yonkoma-style manga strip, the same as the original Japanese version.
Chapters are all now named Battles to match up with the original naming convention of Fights. Each chapter has a concept sketch after the last page with the exception of the last chapter in a volume. There were also changes in dialog and sound effects as well as to some chapter names.