A mercenary is a person employed to fight in an armed conflict who is not a member of the state or military group for which they are fighting and whose prime or sole motivation is private gain.
Mercenaries are used by the Factory to supplement its army, guard the Station Gates, protect the Factory Railroad, and guard vehicle convoys. When Den charged the Scrapyard, he smashed through the Factory 11 Station Gate, encountering mercenaries at first when the Factory defense system froze up following the fall of the Ground Investigation Bureau. Deckman 50's attempt to get some water for an injured convoy mercenary sets in motion the events of the side story Homecoming.
- ↑ Angel of Death - Factory Trade System
- ↑ Battle 50 - Den charges into the Scrapyard.
- ↑ In the first printing of Angel of Death, Journey 5, p. 182 - Yolg says "...You were so pr-proud to belong to the "Green Beret" T-Tribe and to lead a mercenary squad." In Angel of Death, Action Ed., Battle 34, p. 178, this is omitted.
- ↑ Phase 38 - The details of Operation Maulwurf are revealed.
- ↑ Gunnm: Another Stories - Gunnm LO History timeline.
- ↑ Phase 83 - Operation Hagel.
- Mercenary on Wikipedia