Some of Hugo's chips in Battle 12
The chip is the unit of currency used in the Scrapyard. It is represented by a "C" that has two bars extending through it vertically, similar to a dollar sign. Chips comes in different shapes, colours, and sizes depending on the denomination. For example, 100,000 chips are dark hexagons, while the 1 million chip that Jashugan bet with a biker gang leader is circular with a wheeled pattern of six spokes. This chip was stamped with "Factory 55" on its rim, indicating that chips are minted by the Factory.
- Food sold at Chimney High:
- Coke: 100 chips
- Popcorn: 200 chips
- Ride up Chimney High: At least 100 chips.
- Printout of a bounty listing from a public terminal: 1 chip
- Vector's price for getting Hugo to Tiphares: 10 million chips. This was first mistranslated as only 10,000 chips.
- Weekly pay for a rail mercenary in ES 590 due to the increased risk posed by the Barjack: 100,000 chips a week.
- ↑ Battle 16 - Jashugan arm wrestles the biker gang leader.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Holy Night - The food prices are listed on the attendant's booth; he gave a discounted price of 100 chips for a ride.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Battle 10 - Hugo becomes a bounty; Vector tells him that 10 million chips will get him to Tiphares.
- ↑ Battle 9 - A flashback of Hugo's first meeting with Vector.
- ↑ Battle 31 - The rail mercenary chief does some recruiting.